Tel: 646-448-9239 • Cell: 516-851-8632 • Fax: 646-304-7071
Ronald D. Lefton is a Partner of Izower Feldman, LLP. Mr. Lefton practices in the areas of securities, class action, and general business litigation, Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO), employment litigation, investment banking litigation, intellectual property litigation, international arbitration, and appellate advocacy. He has represented corporate and individual clients in major securities class/mass actions in federal courts, as well as in connection with investigations by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Among his three cases that went to the United States Supreme Court was a RICO case resulting in a winning 9-0 decision.
Prior to joining Izower Feldman, LLP, Mr. Lefton was a Partner of Greenberg Traurig, LLP, where he practiced in the Litigation Department.
- Securities litigation
- SEC investigations and enforcement proceedings
- Merger and acquisition litigation
- RICO litigation
- Accountant’s liability
- Business and commercial litigation, including corporate dissolution and partnership disputes
- Real estate litigation
- Appellate advocacy
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
- Team Member, U.S. News – Best Lawyers®, Best Law Firms Edition, “Law Firm of the Year,” Banking & Finance – Litigation, 2017
- Team Member, U.S. News – Best Lawyers®, Best Law Firms Edition, “Law Firm of the Year,” Real Estate – Litigation, 2017
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, New York Super Lawyers, 2006-2008 and 2010-2012
- Pi Sigma Alpha (The National Political Science Honor Society)
- Recipient, William Jennings Bryan Award, competitively awarded for outstanding papers in Political Science; Certificate of Commendation from the Ohio House of Representatives
- Represented Petitioner in RICO litigation in United States Supreme Court receiving a 9-0 decision in our favor reversing the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Represented leading manufacturer of titanium dioxide in an international arbitration pertaining to license agreement.
- Represented private placement purchaser of securities in the Nucorp Energy Securities class action litigation, including six-month jury trial.
- Represented target public company in SEC investigation regarding executive compensation including related class actions.
- Special litigation counsel to FNN, including lead defense in securities class action and dealing with related federal grand jury issues.
- Represented major route operator of slot machines in contract issues with major supermarket chains arising from FTC order of divestiture after a merger.
- Represented seller of 100 percent of shares of closely held corporation in securities fraud case in which cert was granted by U.S. Supreme Court.
- Represented a national credit check and collection agency in class action under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Represented international insurance brokerage firm in connection with broad variety of insurance coverage issues including leading due diligence litigation review in connection with prospective purchase of a regional brokerage firm
- Confidential Law Assistant, the Justices of the Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Second Judicial Department, 1976-1978
- Judicial Clerkship, Senior Law Clerk to Hon. Samuel Rabin, Associate Justice, New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Second Judicial Department, 1978-1980
Articles, Lectures & Publications
- Lecture: Securities litigation panelist, Liabilities Forum, February 2002