Tel: 646-448-9012 • Cell: 917-575-4428 • Fax: 646-304-7071
A graduate of Dartmouth College, cum laude, and Fordham Law School, Ms. Feldman is a founding Partner of Izower Feldman, LLP.
Ms. Feldman specializes in complex commercial litigation, representing domestic and foreign businesses, banks and financial institutions, condominium and co-op boards, property owners and individuals in both New York State and federal matters, including appellate litigation. Ms. Feldman also has specialized experience in the areas of commercial judgment enforcement and real estate litigation.
Prior to forming Izower Feldman, LLP, Ms. Feldman operated her own law firm and practiced as a Member of Feldman & Associates, PLLC, for over 6 years. She has also practiced with a number of large, national and international law firms, most recently Greenberg Traurig’s New York office, as well as Stroock, Stroock & Lavan (Los Angeles Office), Seyfarth Shaw (Los Angeles and New York Offices) and Arent Fox (New York Office). At all times, Ms. Feldman has specialized in litigation and has helped lead multiple litigation and arbitration teams in the areas of commercial, international, antitrust, sovereign debt and securities matters before state and federal courts as well as appellate courts. Ms. Feldman has also co-authored several articles published in journals such as the New York Law Journal.
While in law school, Ms. Feldman served as the Notes & Articles Editor of the Fordham International Law Journal and worked as a paralegal investigator with the Securities & Commodities Task Force within the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Southern District of New York.
Ms. Feldman is admitted to practice in the State of New York and the State of California, the Federal District Courts of the Southern District of New York and is a member of the New York State Bar Association as well as the Real Property Forum. Ms. Feldman has also served as a pro bono attorney through In Motion Legal Services. Outside of the practice of law, she serves as an Executive Board Member of the America-Israel Cultural Foundation.
Some representative cases and clients include:
- Representation of an Israeli-based company in multiple actions before the New York State Supreme Court and Appellate Division, First Department, in connection with the enforcement of a multi-million dollar judgment obtained from the Israeli District Court, including a foreclosure action against a 16-unit apartment building in Manhattan.
- Representation of a stainless steel supplier in a multi-million dollar litigation before the Federal District Court for the Southern District of New York against a subcontractor for breach of contract, tortious interference and fraud, inter alia.
- Representation of a large-scale construction and development company in the defense and prosecution of multiple New York State and federal actions before both the District and Bankruptcy Courts of Southern District of New York) in connection with the financing and construction of a large-scale apartment complex.
- Successfully obtained the reversal from the Appellate Division, First Department, of a New York State Supreme Court order of summary judgment against a client dairy supplier for failure to pay a promissory note given to its attorneys. (Feldman & Associates)
Morse, Zelnick, Rose & Lander, LLP v. Ronnybrook Farm Dairy, Inc., 92 A.D.3d 579, 939 N.Y.S.2d 365 (1st Dep’t 2012).
- Successfully defended confirmation of arbitrator’s award by the Appellate Division, First Department, in favor of client contractor for failure to pay for renovation charges. (Feldman & Associates)
In re McIver-Morgan, Inc. v. Dal Piaz, et al., 108 A.D.3d 47, 964 N.Y.S.2d 515 (1st Dep’t 2013).
- Successfully defended commercial property owners against an action by adjacent property owners for tortious interference with a lease, including the securing of an order of dismissal from the New York Supreme Court, Commercial Division (Ramos, J.) and the awarding of legal fees to the client as a sanction against the plaintiff and its attorneys for bringing a frivolous action. (Feldman & Associates)
- Representation of numerous banks and financial institutions in connection with multiple commercial loan enforcement and commercial property foreclosure actions before the New York State courts. (Feldman & Associates)
- Successfully represented individual clients before the Federal District Court for the Southern District of New York in the enforcement of a $44 million judgment against the Republic of Cuba, et al., and attachment of funds held at JPMorgan Chase (Greenberg Traurig)
- Representation of an individual client against her former attorneys in multiple litigations and appeals before the New York State Supreme Court and the Appellate Division, First Department, for invalidation of contingency fee agreement and disgorgement of over $40 million in legal fees, inter alia, as violating the New York Code of Professional Responsibility. (Greenberg Traurig)